JAVVARISI (SABUDANA) KICHADI
Javvarisi (big sized) 1 big cup
Coconut ¼ cup
Peanuts ¼ cup
Salt as required
Green chilly 4
Curry leaf 1 strip
Coriander leaves handful
Jeera 1 spoon
Lemon ½ ( if big else 1 full)
Oil or ghee 3 tbsp
Turmeric powder small pinch
- Wash javvarisi twice and soak for 6 to 8 hours in very minimum water.
- Coarse grind peanuts. Drain the water from javvarisi(if any) and mix with peanut coarse powder.
- Slit green chillies, and chop coriander leaves.
- Boil the potato and cut into cubes.
- Heat oil/ghee in kadai, add jeera, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add boiled potato, sauté twice , then add javvarisi, peanut mixture, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix well and keep it closed for full cooking if needed.
- Add coconut.
- Saute few times after every item addition.
- Switch off burner, add lemon syrup.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.