Poha(aval) 1 big cup (I have used red aval, you can use any type)
Cooking oil 2 tbsp
Mustard ¼ spoon
Red chilli 2
Hing liberal pinch
Curry leaf 1 strip
Turmeric powder small pinch
Salt as required
- Wash the poha with water, 4 to 5 times, drain water, sprinkle little water and keep for 3 to 7 minutes (decide the time depending on the type of poha you use).
- Extract lemon juice.
- Break the chilies.
- Heat oil, add mustard, red chilies, hing and curry leaves.
- Keep the soaked poha ready near burner.
- Add to kadai, turmeric powder and lemon juice, give a fast stir and immediately add poha to it, if you delay, turmeric powder will burn and lemon juice will become bitter.
- If you are not confident enough, then you can add lemon juice after adding poha also.
- Add salt, mix well for 2 minutes and serve.