Methi is known as “Venthaya Keerai” in Tamil.
Wheat flour. 2 1/2 cups
Methi leaves. 1 cup
Salt. As required
Chilli powder. 3/4 spoon
Jeera powder. 1 spoon
Besan(kadalai mavu) 2 spoons
Curd 2 spoons
Turmeric powder. 1/4 spoon
Cooking oil. 2 spoons(I used olive oil) for mixing
Cooking oil. As required for making CHAPATHI
- Take out individual methi leaves from stem, wash and chop roughly.
- Heat little cooking oil, add leaves and sauté little.
- Add all items( except ghee and cooking oil mentioned for making CHAPATHI), mix well, add water little by little and make a fine CHAPATHI dough and keep it for an hour.
- Make a small ball of dough, roll it thin with rolling pin and transfer to heated tawa.
- Sprinkle 1/4 spoon of oil. Turn side and sprinkle little ghee.
- Keep turning sides few times and take out once golden.
- Very tasty and soft methi chapathis are ready.
- Enjoy with or without side dish.