Ragi is well known for its health benefits. My mother used to make morkali, in no time, with rice flour. I tried the same with ragi flour, came out very well and tasted too good.
It is a tiffin item, almost like upma, very tasty and simple to make.
Buttermilk 1 cup
Ragi flour 1 cup
Red chilly or mormilaga 4
Salt as required
Hing liberal pinch
Curry leaf 1 strip
Oil, mustard,urad dal for tempering
- Mix in a bowl, buttermilk, ragi flour, salt and hing as a semisolid paste and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard, urad dal, red chillies(broken) then curry leaves, then transfer the mixture to it.
- Keep stirring well till the dish gets cooked fully.
- If required, keep burner in low flame and close kadai with lid.
- Add a spoon of coconut oil (optional) and serve.