Rava ¾ cup
Curd ¾ cup
Coriander leaves handful(finely cut)
Salt as required
Baking soda small pinch
To temper & fry in oil
Cooking oil 2 spoons
Mustard ½ spoon
Urad dal ½ spoon
Channa dal ½ spoon
Hing small pinch
Curry leaf 6 or 8 leaves
Cashew 6 (break into small pieces)
Green chilly 3 (finely cut)
Ginger small piece(finely cut)
- Dry roast rava to golden and transfer to a bowl.
- Grate the carrot and add to bowl.
- Add curd, salt, baking soda and coriander leaves to it.
- Heat oil in kadai, add all tempering items one by one starting with mustard, urad dal, channa dal, cashews, hing, curry leaves, green chillies and ginger, fry carefully and transfer to bowl.
- Add water little by little and mix well to a consistency which looks a bit loose (like idly batter).
- Keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- If water is fully absorbed and looks dry , add little more water and make it alright.
- Grease idly plates with little oil, pour this dough like idlies and steam cook .
- Once fully cooked, serve with tomato chutney or coriander chutney.