SALT SOUR SPICY DOSA
It is a tiffin item popular in Mangalore, normally taken as breakfast.
Raw rice 1 cup
Coconut ¼ cup
Salt as required
Tamarind gooseberry size
Red chilly 5
Dhania 1 spoon
Jeera ½ spoon
Hing small pinch
Jaggery small piece
Cooking oil as required
- Soak the tamarind and extract the juice.
- Wash and soak raw rice for 4 hours.
- Drain water, transfer to mixie, add coconut, salt, tamarind water, jaggery and hing.
- In little oil, fry dhania, jeera and red chilies.
- Add to mixie contents and grind as a very fine paste.
- Keep it for 15 minutes and prepare like normal dosa.