CUCUMBER PULI CURRY
This dish was said as “Nagarkoil special”.
Cucumber – 3(medium)
Drumstick – 1(I have not used this, since I didn’t have at home)
Raw mango – 1
Tamarind – tamarind seed size I f you are using mango(else gooseberry size)
Coconut -¼ cup
Turmeric powder – pinch
Red chilly – 5 to 6
Small onion -7 or 8
Coconut oil -2 tbsp
Mustard -¼ spoon
Methi seed – little
Small onion-2 or 3
Curry leaf – 1 strip
- Soak tamarind and extract juice.
- Wash and cut vegetables. Peel off skin of onions.
- Make a paste of coconut, turmeric powder, red chilies and small onions(leave little onions for tempering).
- Boil plain water in a kadai.
- Add drumstick and cucumber, allow to boil and cook well.
- Add mango pieces.
- Add salt.
- Add paste and tamarind water.
- Allow to boil and cook well together.
- Switch off one done.
- Do tempering with mustard, methi seeds, small onions and curry leaves.