Buttermilk-1 ½ cups
Curry leaf-1 strip
For frying and grinding:
Cooking oil-1 spoon
Urad dal-2 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds(venthayam)-½ spoon
Coconut oil-1 spoon
- Cut the drumstick into long pieces and boil in a thick bottomed vessel pouring 1 ½ cups of water . Add a pinch of salt required for drumstick alone.
- Heat cooking oil in kadai, add urad dal, red chilly and fenugreek seeds(methi), fry till it turns to golden colour.
- Add the coconut into mixie, add fried items and make a fine paste, using required water.
- Mix in a bowl, buttermilk, salt and the paste made.
- Pour this mixture to boiling drumstick and mix well.
- Allow to bubble (don’t boil) and switch off burner.
- Garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Season with mustard in coconut oil.
Normally, morekuzhambu is made with green chillies and cumin seeds(jeera) , but this is made with urad dal, red chilly and methi.
Goes well with adai, sevai and other tiffins also.