Green chilly -3
Moong dal-½ cup
Tamarind-¼ lime size
Coriander leaf-as required
Sambar powder-1 spoon
Cooking oil-2 ½ spoons
- In a pressure cooker, add the moong dal, pour water and keep for 15 minutes.
- Chop onions, tomatoes and green chilies.
- Cut drumstick and brinjals.
- Soak the tamarind and extract the juice.
- Heat 2 spoons of oil, add chopped onions, tomatoes and green chilies.
- Saute for 2 minutes and add to cooker.
- Add drumstick and brinjal cuts to cooker.
- Add salt and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Once you are able to open the cooker, mix the contents well and allow to boil for 2 minutes.
- Add sambar powder and tamarind water.
- Mix well, allow to boil and cook together for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Switch off once done.
- Temper with mustard in remaining oil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.