In this dish, since tamarind juice and buttermilk are used, the name is irupulikuzhambu.
White pumpkin-1 big piece
Curry leaf-1 strip
Turmeric powder-small pinch
For frying and grinding:
Cooking oil-1 spoon
Urad dal-4 tbsp
Methi seeds-¾ spoon
Coconut-½ cup(keep it raw only)
Coconut oil-1 spoon
- Soak tamarind , extract juice, pour in a thick bottomed vessel.
- Cut pumpkin into big pieces , add to tamarind extract.
- Add salt, hing, and curry leaves , allow to boil and cook well.
- Heat cooking oil in kadai, fry methi seeds, urad dal and red chillies.
- Grind as a fine paste with raw coconut and add in cooked contents, mix well and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder to buttermilk and add to kuzhambu.
- Stir well and allow to bubble for a minute or two, keeping burner in low flame.
- Switch off and temper with mustard in coconut oil.