METHI LEAVES KUZHAMBU
Methi leaves – Venthaya Keerai in Tamil.
Methi leaves – 1 small cup
Onion – 1 big
Turmeric powder – pinch
Salt – as required
To dry fry and powder:
Urad dal – 1 spoon
Raw rice – 1 spoon
Jeera – 1 spoon
Cooking oil – 2 to 3 spoons
Red chilly – 3
- Plug out individual methi leaves from stalk, wash, drain and keep aside.
- Dry fry urad dal, rice and jeera & powder nicely.
- Heat oil, add mustard, onion, red chilies, turmeric powder and salt.
- Sauté for a minute and add water, allow to boil.
- Add methi leaves and allow to boil well.(if you want to remove bitterness from methi leaves, you can sauté it separately in little oil and then add to boiling contents).
- Add powder, mix well and switch off once done.