This rasam is a good option for those who don’t have ready made rasam powder.
Curry leaf-1 strip
Coriander leaves-(for garnishing)
For frying and powdering:
Chana dal-1 spoon
Toor dal-1 spoon
Scrapped coconut-2 spoons
- Soak and extract tamarind juice.
- Add cut tomatoes, hing, curry leaves and salt to tamarind extract and allow to boil well.
- Heat half of the ghee, fry channa dal, toor dal, dhania, red chillies, pepper, jeera and coconut(adding coconut finally), warm up and make a powder.
- Once the rasam starts boiling well, add the powder, allow to bubble and switch off.
- Temper with mustard seeds in remaining ghee.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.