PARUPPU URUNDAI KARA KUZHAMBU
For Pruppu urundai:
Toor dal-¾ cup
Channa dal-¼ cup
Salt-as required for this alone
Rice flour-1 tbsp
For Kara Kuzhambu:
Tamarind water-extracted from gooseberry sized tamarind
Sambar powder-1 tbsp
Cooking oil-2 spoons
Curry leaf-1 strip
- Soak dals for half an hour ,wet grind with red chillies, salt and hing (add salt required for this alone).
- Mix with rice flour to make balls conveniently.
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard and curry leaves.
- Add sambar powder, sauté twice, Pour tamarind water, hing and salt.
- When it starts boiling, make dal balls and put directly in kuzhambu.
- Allow to boil well. Keep stirring in between.
- Once done, balls will come up.
- Garnish with curry leaves and serve.