PARUPU URUNDAI MORKUZHAMBU
For paruppu urundai:
Toor dal-1 cup
Salt-as required for this alone
Buttermilk-1 ½ cups
Toor dal-1 ½ spoons
Curry leaf-1 strip
Coconut oil-1 spoon
Methi seeds-very little
- Soak toor dal for half an hour ,wet grind with red chillies, salt and hing (add salt required for this alone).
- Heat ½ spoon oil in kadai, transfer the mixture and sauté for a minute to make it thick.
- Make equal sized balls and steam cook in idli plates (you can steam cook in microwave also).
- Wetgrind coconut, green chillies, soaked toor dal and jeera as a fine paste and add to buttermilk.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and curry leaves.
- Transfer the steam cooked balls into buttermilk mixture.
- Switch on burner and allow contents to bubble (don’t boil).
- Season with mustard and methi seeds in coconut oil.