Green moong sprout-1 cup
Tamarind-½ lemon size
Sambar powder-1 ½ spoons
Gingelly oil-3 tbsp
Curry leaf-1 strip
- Sprout the moong as you normally do (if you are new, please refer my blog).
- Cook it for 3 whistles.
- Chop onions and tomatoes.
- Soak the tamarind and extract juice.
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard, methi seeds, broken red chilli, hing and curry leaves.
- Add onions, sauté for a while and add tomatoes.
- Sauté for 2 minutes, add salt, sambar powder, give a quick sauté and add tamarind water.
- Allow to boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cooked sprouts, mix well and allow to cook till it reaches required consistency.