This can be said as a medicinal kuzhambu. It is normally prepared when people are bored of eating many varieties of food, continuously. Very good to take with hot white rice and ghee with an appalam nearby.
Tamrind-½ lemon size
Sambar powder-1 tbsp
Gingelly oil or Cooking oil -4 tbsp
Curry leaf-1 strip
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard, hing (optional), then curry leaves, sauté once, add sundakkai and manathakkali, sauté few times (don’t burn it).
- Add sambar powder , just sauté twice and immediately pour tamarind juice and salt.
- Add enough water and close with lid. Keep stirring in between.
- Switch off once fully boiled and kuzhambu reaches thick consistency.
- If you find it very dilute, dissolve one spoon of rice flour in half cup water, add and mix well and allow to boil for a minute and switch off.