SWEET PUMPKIN MASIYAL
Sweet pumpkin-1 piece (medium sized)
Coriander leaves-as required
Chilly powder-1 spoon
Tamarind-½ small lemon size
Gingelly oil-2 tbsp
Curry leaves-1 strip
- Soak tamarind and extract juice before starting.
- Cut vegetables.
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard, methi seeds, hing followed by curry leaves.
- Then add vegetables , sauté for a minute, add chilly powder, just sauté twice, immediately add tamarind water.
- Add salt and allow to boil , adding little more water.
- Once cooked fully, switch off burner. Add coriander leaves.
- If it is very watery, then dissolve rice four ¼ spoon in half tumbler water , pour and mix.
The same masiyal can be prepared with
Or all together.
Very tasty kuzhambu item for idly and dosa. Also good to eat with white rice.