No oil/butter/milk is used here.
Moong dal ½ cup
Tomato 1 (big)
Pepper powder 1 spoon
Salt as per taste
Jeera powder ½ spoon
Hing very small pinch
Turmeric powder small pinch (optional-for colour)
Coriander leaves as per your taste.
- Cook moong dal very well.
- Cut drumstick into long pieces.
- Cook drumstick and tomato ( I cooked both together in oven for 6 minutes).
- Peel off skin of tomato.
- Take out the flesh of drumstick.
- Blend cooked dal, flesh of tomato and drumstick (in mixie, if you want a clear smooth soup, mash and mix if you like to have small pieces while serving).
- Boil the mixture with required water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add all powders, mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
I learnt this soup last week, from a TV show, tried, it was very, very tasty. No need to explain how healthy it is. Wanted to share with all, who have not watched that show.