GINGER LEMON CONCENTRATE
It is a summer special and healthy drink. I learnt it from my sister Kalyani Jayaraman, who lives in Tanjore , with exact proportions and came out extremely well and thought of sharing with all.
Ginger 100 gm
Honey a small cup
Sugar twice qty of lemon extract
Water twice qty of lemon extract
Salt small pinch
- Wash lemons, cut them, squeeze and take out extract, measure, add salt and keep in fridge.
- Take sugar equal to twice the quantity of lemon extract.
- Take water equal to twice the quantity of lemon extract.
- Boil water and sugar together in a thick bottomed vessel big enough to add all other contents later.
- Switch off once sugar is fully dissolved and allow to cool.
- Clean ginger, make into pieces, grind with water very nicely and sieve through a big holed vessel.
- Keep the ginger extract also in fridge.
- Once sugar syrup reaches normal room temperature, add lemon extract, ginger extract, honey and mix very well , transfer to a good container and store in fridge.
- For making one glass of juice, take syrup ¼ of glass and ¾ water.
Excellent drink for summer. Just try and register feedback.