Coriander seed(dhania)-1 cup
Jeera-Cumin seed-1/2 cup
Gingelly oil-2 spoons
- Wash, peel off skin of ginger, cut into pieces of any shape, make a fine paste adding water and keep aside.
- Dry fry coriander seed, jeera, pepper and omam well and make a fine powder.
- Boil jaggery with ¾ cup of water, filter out impurities, boil again and bring to single string consistency.
- Add powder and ginger paste.
- Mix well and allow to boil till it reaches semi solid consistency.
- Switch off burner, add ghee, gingelly oil and honey.
- Mix well and enjoy this legiyam before and after Diwali sweets.