Rice 2 cups
Chana dal 1 cup
Moong dal ¼ cup
Urad dal 1 ½ cups
Curd required for grinding above (without water)
Green chilly as required
Ginger small piece
Garlic as per your taste
Salt as required
Turmeric powder small pinch
Garam masala powder as per your taste
Cooking oil 3 tbsp
Mustard for tempering
Jeera for tempering
Fennel seed(sombu) for tempering
Curry leaf as required
Til as required
Methi leaves optional
- Soak rice and dals in water for 8 hours.
- Wet Grind it coarse using only curd (not water).
- Keep it for 4 to 5 hours.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and curry leaves to dough and mix.
- Add methi leaves and scrapped zucchini to dough (optional).
- Make a paste of green chilies, garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard, jeera, fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the paste made with green chilly, ginger and garlic and sauté well.
- Transfer the contents to main dough and mix well.
- Heat a dosa pan, spread the dough like a thick dosa.
- Sprinkle til on it.
- Cover with lid.
- Keep the burner in sim to medium.
- Turn side and cover with lid.
- Once done, transfer to a plate.
- Wait for 5 minutes.
- Cut as shown in photo.
Excellent spicy lentil snack, a special dish of Gujarat, is ready.
Recipe shared by Mrs. Nishitha Jatin.