BAGARA BAINGAN (BRNJAL GRAVY)
Small Brinjal 600 gm
Cooking oil 5 tbsp
Ginger small piece
Green chilly 2
Tamarind lime size
Cinnamon 2 small pieces
Peanut half handful
Til 2 tbsp
Coconut scrapped ½ cup
Jeera 1 spoon
Jaggery small piece
Coriander leaves as required
Chilly powder 2 spoons
Dhania powder 2 spoons
Turmeric powder ¼ spoon
Salt as required
- Slit brinjal dividing into 4 parts (without cutting fully).
- Soak and extract tamarind juice.
- Heat oil in kadai, fry brinjals 6 by 6 and keep aside.
- In little oil, fry golden, peanuts, til and coconut, warm and make a fine paste along with ginger and green chilies.
- Heat oil in kadai, add jeera, cinnamon, clove,cardamom, onions, tomato and sauté well for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add tamarind juice, jaggery and allow to boil for a couple of minutes.
- Add the paste and all powders(including salt).
- Allow to boil and cook well till the oil separates.
- Add fried brinjal and allow to boil together for 10 minutes in medium flame, add finely chopped coriander leaves and serve with veg. briyani / chapathi etc..