Rava(sooji) 1 cup
Javvarisi(sabudhana) 4 tbsp
Sugar 3 cups
Ghee 1 cup
Dry fruits as required
- Soak rava and javvarisi separately for 4 hours and grind together as a fine paste.
- Boil sugar along with water(adding water just sufficient to dip sugar) and bring to single string consistency.
- Add the paste and keep stirring, adding ghee little by little till the stuff becomes like a single big ball and does not stick in kadai.
- Cut dry fruits into fine pieces, microwave for 20 seconds and add to halwa.
- Grease a plate with ghee, transfer contents and make slices as shown.
Recipe shared by Mrs. Leela pratapa.