Maida 2 cups
Sugar 1 cup
Milk powder 1 cup
Fresh cream 1 cup
Baking powder 1 ½ spoon
Baking soda ½ spoon
Elachi powder ½ spoon
Milk as required while mixing
- Mix all items(except maida and milk).
- Beat the mixture(with hand motion only on one side) for 10 minutes.
- Add maida and mix well.
- Now add milk little by little and stir well.
- This takes 5 minutes if done electrically or 10 to 15 minutes if done manually.
- Take a baking tray (or any aluminium container…you can also use the one supplied with pressure cooker, round shaped with a height of34 to 4 inches approximately) and grease it with ghee.
- Dust it (sprinkle it) with maida.
- Transfer the prepared mixture to the tray, leaving good space on top.
- Baking-with OTG:
- Keep the tray in OTG(Oven Toaster and Griller).
- Set the heat to medium and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Baking-with microwave:
- Preheat for 10 minutes at 180 deg. C.
- Keep the tray and bake for 30 minutes at 180 deg. C.
- In either of the above method, check with a toothpick for non-stickiness and take out.
- Garnish with items of your choice.
- Sweet cream, tutti frutti, small cookies, etc., are used in this cake.
Recipe shared by Mrs.Nishita Jatin Parikh, my flat friend.