Split moong dal ½ cup
Chana dal ½ cup
Jaggery 1 cup
Cashew as you wish
Elachi powder ¼ spoon
Dry ginger powder ½ spoon
Jeera powder ½ spoon
Coconut fine cuts ¼ cup
Ghee 4 tbsp
Coconut milk 2 cups
- Fry moong dal and chana dal in little ghee and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Boil jaggery in water and filter out impurities.
- Once you are able to open the cooker, mash the cooked dal well.
- Add jaggery water and allow to boil together for 5 minutes.
- Add elachi powder and half of ghee.
- In remaining ghee, fry to golden, coconut cuts, cashews, jeera powder, dry ginger powder and add to payasam.
- Add coconut milk, mix well and serve.