Badam, pista, edible camphor and clove are optional.
Besan 1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Cooking oil required for frying boondi
Ghee 2 tbsp
- Sieve the besan and mix with water to dosa batter consistency.
- Heat oil in a broad pan (so that boondis will not stick with each other).
- Hold the boondi karandi on top of hot oil, pour batter on it and make the batter fall on the oil as small boondies.
- It may hardly take one or two minutes to fry. Lower flame once half done.
- Take out and drain oil as done for other oily stuff.
- Meanwhile, boil sugar with half cup of water in another burner . and bring it to one string consistency.
- Repeat boondi making process, till batter gets over.
- Transfer fully drained boondis into sugar syrup once it becomes warm.
- Fry cashews and raisins in little ghee and add to contents.
- Mix well and make balls using ghee for smearing the hands.
Tasty laddus are ready.