Rice 1 cup
Raw mango(medium sized) 1
Oil 4 tbsp
Chana dal 2 tbsp
Urad dal 1 tbsp
Mustard seed 1 tbsp
Curry leaves 1 strip
Turmeric powder small pinch
Hing small pinch
Red chilly 4
Green chilly 4 or 5 (according to chilly size and your taste)
Ginger small piece
Salt 1 tbsp
- Cook the rice, grate the mango and keep aside.
- Heat oil in kadai, fry cashews and keep in a plate.
- Add red chilies after making them into medium pieces.
- Add chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds , hing and remove and keep in a plate.
- Add split green chilly pieces , ginger pieces and grated raw mango and salt and fry till mango is fully cooked and becomes soft.
- In a plate , spread the rice adding turmeric powder and curry leaves , add all fried items to it .
- Mix well and garnish with cashews.
- The above mixture can be prepared and stored for 3 to 4 weeks and can be prepared instantly just by cooking rice alone whenever required.
I was really lucky enough to taste such a tasty mango rice given by my friend. Hence I requested her to share the recipe with us. She was kind enough to do it. My sincere thanks to her.
Recipe shared by Mrs. Leela Pratapa, my flat friend.