Excellent snack item.
Maida 1 cup
Oil for mixing with dough ¼ cup
Oil for frying as required
Salt as required
Jeera or ajwain or pepper crushed (or all together) 1 spoon
- Make a fine dough (similar to chapathi dough) with all items, leaving back oil for frying.
- Keep for half an hour.
- Divide the whole dough into 2 parts.
- Take one part of dough.
- Make small balls just like how you make ready for poories.
- Roll as you do for poori.
- Fold it, fold again the folded portion, you will result in triangle.
- Repeat for remaining dough.
- Take the second part of dough.
- Make big balls like how you make ready for chapathis.
- Roll it thick, as a big circle, as you do for chapathi.
- Cut into pieces as shown picture.
- Heat oil for frying.
- Fry the shapes in oil to golden and take out.
Recipe by Mrs.Hina, my flat friend.