METHI BESAN PARE
It is a very tasty tea time snack, made with maida, besan(kadalai mavu) and dry methi leaves.
Besan(kadalai mavu) 1 cup
Maida 1 cup
Rava 1 spoon
Salt as required
Hing liberal pinch
Carom seed(omam) ½ spoon
Jeera(cumin seed) 1 spoon
Red chilli flakes ¾ spoon
Kasthuru methi 2 spoons
(dry fenugreek leaf/dry venthaya keerai)
Ghee 1 spoon
Oil 1 spoon+ as required to deep fry the snack
- Mix all items mentioned above(except the oil mentioned for frying), very well adding water as required and make a fine dough just similar to poori dough.
- Roll it like a big chapathi.
- Prick randomly with a fork(to make it crisp while frying).
- Cut into long pieces with a knife as shown in pic.
- Heat oil and deep fry to golden as done for any other such snack items.
Recipe shared by Mrs. Malathy Gunasekar, my flat friend.