Aval 1 cup
Green chilly 2
Raisin 1 spoon
Cashews 1 spoon – broken
Sugar 1 to 2 spoons(optional)
Curry leaf 1 strip
Coriander leaf as required
Mustard ½ spoon
Jeera 1 spoon
Hing liberal pinch
Turmeric powder small pinch
Lemon 1 (small)
Roasted Peanuts 2 tbsp
Cooking oil 3 to 4 tbsp
- Wash and soak aval for 3 to 5 minutes depending on the quality of aval.
- Cook potato upto 50% (remaining cooking will be done during preparation) and cut into small pieces.
- Chop onion, ginger, green chilly and coriander leaves finely.
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard, jeera, hing, curry leaves, raisins, cashews and green chillies.
- Once done, add onion cuts, salt and turmeric powder, sauté for 2 to 3 minutes till onions are cooked and become soft.
- Add half cooked potato cuts, sauté and cook well.
- Drain water completely from aval, transfer to kadai and mix well.
- Add peanuts (as half broken or coarse grind in mixie)
- Switch off burner once fully mixed well and completely done.
- Add lemon extract and coriander leaves.
- Add one or two spoons of sugar(optional).
- Mix well and serve.
recipe shared by Mrs. Nishitha Jatin, my flat friend.