It is an excellent, extremely tasty, stomach filling chat item.
TO MAKE PATTIES:
Garam masala powder
Red chilli powder
Coriander leaves-finely chopped(optional)
- Cook the potatoes, peel off skin and mash well.
- Add salt, all powders, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Make small ball, flatten with hand as seen in pic, coat with bread crumbs, place on non-stick tawa, (5 or 6 at a time), sprinkle oil.
- Keep burner in medium flame.
- Turn side and take out once golden.
FOR MAKING RAGDA:
White or yellow peas(pattani) ½ cup
Jeera or mustard for tempering
Cooking oil as required for preparing gravy
Ginger garlic paste
Red chilli powder(1/2 spoon)
Jeera powder(1/2 spoon)
Dhania powder(1/4 spoon)
Garam masala powder(a pinch)
Salt as required
Coriander leaves-finely chopped
- Soak peas overnight.
- Cook for 4 whistles.
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard or jeera.
- Add curry leaves, chopped onions, chopped tomato.
- Sauté and mix well for 3 minutes.
- Add all powders, salt, ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add cooked peas, mix well and allow to boil for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Switch off and garnish with coriander leaves.
OTHER SIDE DISHES REQUIRED:
To serve, you should have the following items along with ragda and patties:
Green chutney (mint/coriander) – refer blog for original recipe
Sweet chutney (dates/tamarind) – refer blog for original recipe
Besan sev(oma podi) – refer blog for original recipe (or you can get from shop)
Finely chopped onion
Take a plate, place 2 patties.
Pour ragda on it.
Then sweet chutney, then green chutney, then chopped onions and sev.
Yoghurt as per your choice.