1 cup basmati rice
1/2 cup soy chunks
Ginger garlic paste
1/4 cup Yogurt/Curd
- Rice – To one cup of basmati rice add 1.5 cups of water in a rice cooker. Let it simmer. Instant rice is ready within 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, Bring water to boil. Add soy chunks and a pinch of salt. Let it simmer for 10 minutes in medium flame.
- On the side, chop onions and tomatoes.
- In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil and let it heat in low flame for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onions and saute until onions turn golden brown.
- Once the soy chunks are ready, run them in cold water a couple of times and let them dry.
- Now, add soy chunks to the onions, add ginger garlic paste as desired and saute them for 3-4 minutes.
- Now, add tomatoes, chilli powder, pulav powder and turmeric powder as desired and 1/4 cup of yogurt.
- After 2-3 minutes, add sufficient water to the pan and bring the mix to a boil.
- Once, you start smelling the aroma, add the cooked rice and mix everything well.
- Keep the flame low for 5 minutes and hot Soy Pulav is ready under 30 minutes.
- Garnish with Tomato Ketchup and Mint sauce and the food is ready to be savored.
Recipe shared by
Shri. Srichander, our family friend.