STUFFED MOONG IDLY
Whole green moong 2 cups
Raw rice ½ cup
Green chilly 6
Salt as required
Ginger one inch piece
Paneer as required
Green chilly 2
Coriander leaf as required
Cooking oil 1 spoon
Mustard ½ spoon
Urad dal 1 spoon
Hing powder liberal pinch
- Soak green moong and rice for 5 hours.
- Grind with salt, green chilies(6) and ginger.
- Do tempering with items mentioned under “for tempering”.
- Grate the paneer, chop coriander leaves and green chilies(2) finely.
- In idly pan, grease with oil, place a big spoon of dough, then sprinkle enough quantity of layering items, place another big spoon of dough on it.
- Repeat for full dough, steam the idlies and enjoy the stuffed moong idlies with any chutney.
Recipe shared by Mrs. Manju Venugopal, MY FLAT FRIEND.