WHEAT FLOUR LADDU
Coarsely ground wheat flour 1 cup
Ghee as required for making final balls
Sugar 1 cup
Elachi powder liberal pinch
Dry fruits as required
Cooking oil for frying + 2 spoons for mixing
Edible gum 1 spoon
- Mix 2 spoons of oil with wheat flour and mix well.
- Adding warm water little by little, make a very hard dough.
- Make hard balls out of the dough.
- Keeping the burner in low flame, heat oil and fry the hard balls to golden brown.
- (it is important that flame should be low, else it will turn to golden outside and remains uncooked/unfried inside).
- After removing all the balls from oil, grind in mixie.
- Sieve it and take the fine flour.
- (grind the residual again if required, else no need).
- Add dry fruits and elachi powder.
- Powder the sugar and add to contents.
- Fry edible gum in ghee and add.
- Pour warm ghee to contents, mix well and make balls(as shown in pic).
Recipe by Mrs. Nishita Jatin Parikh, my flat friend.