Raw rice 1 cup
Coconut-scrapped 1 cup
Green chilly 3
Curry leaf 1 strip
Mustard 1 spoon
Urad dal 1 spoon
Hing liberal pinch
Cooking oil 3 tbsp
Ghee 1 spoon (optional)
Salt as required (use a bit less than your estimation)
- Wash and cook the rice as you normally do.
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard, urad dal, cashews, green chilly, curry leaves, hing, and finally coconut and fry till golden and switch off.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Spread the cooked rice in a broad bowl.
- Add fried contents and mix well.
- Add ghee, mix well and serve.
- Spicy side dish will suit this rice.