Source: cook book
Rice 1 cup
Scrapped cucumber ½ cup
Turmeric powder pinch
Hing liberal pinch
Salt as required
Ghee 2 to3 tbsp
Urad dal little
Curry leaf 1 strip
Ginger 1 inch piece
Green chilly 4 to 5 (you can adjust this according to your taste)
- Wash and cook the rice as usual(with little less water).
- Wash, peel off skin of cucumbers and scrap them.
- Wash and chop ginger and green chilies(peel off skin of ginger before chopping).
- Heat ghee, add mustard, urad dal, hing, ginger, green chilies, curry leaves, turmeric powder and sauté for a minute.
- Add scrapped cucumber and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add salt and cooked rice and mix well.
Enjoy with appalam and vathal.