GARLIC IDLI-PODI RICE
Source: TV show
Raw rice 1 cup
Garlic 1 ½ (whole)
Idly powder 2 tbsp (if you don’t have readily, pl prepare seeing my blog)
Salt as required
Curry leaf 1 strip
gingelly oil 3 tbsp
mustard ½ spoon
- Wash and cook the rice as usual (with little less water).
- Peel off onions and chop finely.
- Make a paste of tomatoes.
- Take out individual cloves of garlic, peel off skin and crush them(or make a coarse paste).
- Heat oil, add mustard, curry leaves, garlic and sauté for a while.
- Add onions, tomato paste and mix well and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add idly powder and mix well.
- Mix cooked rice & this mixture and mix well.
- Enjoy this delicious dish with vathal or pappad.