It is a very common rice, with simple variations in preparation methods.
I am giving a very simple method.
Rice ½ tumbler
Lemon 1 (if small, half if big)
Turmeric powder small pinch
Salt as required
Hing liberal pinch
Peanuts 2 tbsp (cashew nuts optional)
Mustard ½ spoon
Urad dal ½ spoon
Channa dal ½ spoon
Red chilly 2 (increase this for increased qty of rice)
Curry leaf 1 strip
- Cook rice with little less water than usual.
- Spread in a broad bowl, after 2 minutes , add salt, hing , turmeric powder and roasted peanuts.
- Heat oil in kadai, add mustard, urad dal, channa dal, red chillies (broken) and curry leaves.
- Pour the contents while hot , on turmeric powder.
- Add lemon juice, mix well and serve.