If you want to taste a perfect and special semisolid payasam, not bothering much about calories, here is the option.
People new to using edible camphor may please avoid it since usage of excess quantity will spoil the dish making it bitter.
Raw rice ½ cup
Moong dal 2 tbsp
Jaggery 1 cup
Milk 4 cups
Ghee ¼ cup (or more as per your wish)
Raisin 10 to 14
Edible camphor small pinch
- Heat little ghee, fry moong dal to golden.
- Clean and soak the rice in water for 5 minutes.
- Transfer both to pressure cooker, add milk and cook for 4 whistles. (cooking in vengala uruli or thick bottomed vessel gives perfect result).
- Boil the jaggery , filter impurities.
- Once you are able to open the cooker, add jaggery water, crushed elachi and edible camphor.
- Mix very well and allow to boil again for 5 to 10 minutes adding ghee little by little.
- Switch off once done.
- In little ghee, fry cashews, once it is half done add raisins, transfer to akkaravadisal, mix well and serve.