BESAN(KADALAI MAVU) KHEER
Besan 3 tbsp
Badam 12 to 15
Cashew 12 to 15
Ghee 1 tbsp
Milk 2 ½ cups
Jaggery ½ cup
Elachi powder liberal pinch
Saffron strands few
- In a thick bottomed vessel, boil together contents mentioned under ”for boiling”.
- In another kadai, heat ghee, fry badams and cashews and transfer to a plate.
- In remaining ghee, roast the besan well till it turns golden and raw smell vanishes.
- Powder roasted badams and cashews(leaving few cashews for garnishing).
- Add roasted besan to mixie and make a fine powder altogether.
- Add water little by little to it and make it a fine paste and then to a solution.
- Keeping burner in low flame, pour back to ghee fried kadai, stirring continuously from the minute you pour it, otherwise lumps will be formed.
- After a couple of minutes, add milk boiled contents and mix well and switch off.
- Garnish with left out cashews.