DAL COCONUT KHEER
It is a very good desert , very healthy , very tasty made with only a single spoon of ghee , that too used for frying cashews.
Moong dal ¾ cup
Channa dal ¼ cup
Jiggery (vellam) powder 1 cup
Coconut 1 cup
Elachi 10 to 14 according to VOLUME(I made large quantity)
Ghee 1 spoon
Milk 1 cup
- Wash dals, cook it for 6 whistles in pressure cooker.
- Wet grind half of cooked dal with coconut.
- Powder elachi.
- Dissolve jiggery and filter to remove impurities.
- Add the ground mixture in the cooker contents (balance dal). Switch on burner.
- Keep stirring continuously (otherwise, it will stick at bottom and this is the only tricky part of this kheer).
- Add jiggery solution, elachi powder and allow to boil for 4 to 5 minutes (not much since dals are already cooked and coconut is good for health without much boiling).
- Add milk and boil for 2 minutes.
- Switch off buner. Fry cashews in ghee and add to kheer.
- Once it is warm, keep in fridge and serve after an hour or so.
Very tasty and healthy kheer is ready.