JACK FRUIT KHEER
It is known as “Palapazha payasam’ in Tamil. This recipe (which I followed) is “quick to make”. The original recipe involves adding first, second and third coconut milk in stages.
Jack fruit bulb(palachulai) 10 to 12
Jaggery(vellam) 1 cup
Elachi powder liberal pinch
Coconut ¼ cup
Coconut milk ¼ cup
Normal milk 1 ½ cups
Saffron strands few(half while pasting, remaining for garnishing)
- Soak cashews and saffron strands in warm milk for 15 minutes.
- Cook jack fruit bulbs with required water in a kadai.
- Grind as a paste, cooked jack fruit bulbs, soaked cashews, saffron, elachi powder and coconut.
- Transfer to kadai, keep flame in medium, add jaggery, stir continuously adding remaining milks little by little.
- Switch off once done and garnish with left out saffron strands.