Mixed nuts 1 cup
(I have used badam, cashew, dry dates and walnut)
Condensed milk ½ cup
Palm jaggery 1 tbsp
Sugar ¼ cup (dry dates, condensed milk and palm jaggery also add sweetness)
Elachi powder liberal pinch
Cashew 8 (optional)
Ghee 1 tbsp (required only if you use cashew)
Dry ginger powder liberal pinch
- Make a fine powder and then a paste of nuts and mix with enough water.
- Allow to boil the mixture, stirring continuously.
- Once half done, add palm jaggery powder, sugar and condensed milk.
- soak saffron in half spoon of warm milk and add to boiling contents.
- add elachi powder and ginger powder, allow to boil and switch off once done.
- Heat ghee, fry cashews and add to kheer(optional).
Enjoy this healthy kheer.