Moong sprouts 1 cup
Saunf (sombu)fennel 1+1 spoons
Ginger one inch piece
Garlic 4 cloves
Green chilly 3+1
Salt as required
Cooking oil as required to shallow fry tikkis
Gingelly oil to prepare the dish
Cinnamon stick small piece
Bay leaf 1
Curry leaf 1 strip
Turmeric powder pinch
Chilli powder ½ spoon
To make moong sprouts:
- Soak green whole moong overnight.
- Wash and drain off the water completely.
- Transfer to a hotpack and keep it for 8 to 10 hours (decide the time according to your climate).
- Now, sprouts are ready for use.
To make tikkis:
- Transfer the sprouts to mixer jar.
- Add saunf-1 spoon, ginger, garlic, green chilies-3 and half of the salt.
- Make it a thick dough.
- Heat dosa pan and keep a small ball of dough and flatten immediately in the shape of round vada.
- You can keep 7 at a time.
- Add oil as you wish and shallow fry both sides very well and keep aside.
- Repeat for full dough.
To make vadacurry:
- Heat oil in kadai, add cinnamon, bay leaf, elachi, saunf-1 spoon, cloves and sauté a little.
- Add slit green chilly-1, chopped onion, tomato, curry leaf and remaining salt.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and mix well.
- If you want it like a gravy, add enough water and close it keeping flame in high.
- Once done, break the tikkis and add in gravy.
- Serve after it is fully mixed and soaked well.
- If you want it dry, break the tikkis and add to contents without adding water(see my pic).