SWEET SUNDAL with Green whole moong dal
Sundal is a very tasty and healthy dish prepared as a evening time snack in many houses. It is well known for its importance during “NAVARATHRI” festival on all 9 days.
Method for preparing sweet sundal is almost the same whatever dhaniyam you are using. I prepared with green whole moong dal and thought of sharing with you all.
Green whole Moong dal 1 cup
Jaggery ½ cup
Scrapped coconut ¼ cup
Ghee 1 spoon (optional)
- Wash and soak dal for 8 to 10 hours.
- Cook very well in pressure cooker.
- Boil jaggery with a cup of water, filter and boil again to one string consistency.
- Add cooked dal, add crushed elachi, ghee(optional), mix well and switch off.
- Add scrapped coconut and serve.