ULUNDU(URAD DAL) BONDA
This is also called Mysore bonda. It is a popular snack item in all South Indian hotels as evening time snack, followed by a filter coffee.
Urad dal 1 cup
Rice flour 4 to 5 tbsp
Whole pepper ¼ spoon
Hing ¼ spoon
Green chilly 1 big
Salt as required
Curry leaf 1 strip
Coconut small piece
Cooking oil as required for deep frying
- Soak urad dal for 1 to 2 hours.
- Drain the water and grind with little or no water.
- Crush the pepper and chop the coconut piece and green chilly, finely.
- Mix all items together very well(except oil).
- Adjust rice flour quantity according to the consistency of the dough..i.e.,add more if dough is loose else add less.
- Heat oil, make balls of dough (as shown in pic), drop gently in the oil, turn side after one side is fried.
- Take out once golden and enjoy with or without chutney.
Note: Using crushed pepper or a combination of little crushed pepper and pepper powder is purely your choice.