Rice flour 1 cup
Urad dal flour 1 tbsp
Vellam ½ cup
Butter 1 tbsp
White til 2 tsp
Scrapped coconut 1 tbsp
Elachi powder a pinch
Cooking Oil to fry (I used coconut oil)
- Rice flour is normally prepared for seedai, by soaking raw rice in water for 20 minutes, draining the water, spreading in a dry cloth, powdering either in mixie or in flour mill and sieving.
- People who cannot do this procedure can use readily available rice flour and dry fry in kadai for 2 to 3 minutes and use (I have done this only).
- Powder vellam, add half a cup of water to it, boil well and filter.
- Mix all items along with filtered vellam water as a fine dough.
- Make balls of dough slightly bigger in size than uppu seedai (see pic) and spread in kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in kadai, fry in low flame to golden.