It is a very healthy and tasty side dish for rices and tiffins.
Good choice for people who cook dishes without much oil.
Earlier days, during my childhood, we do this with “ural” and “ulakkai” .
Coriander leaves 2 bunches (medium size)
Red chilly 6
Urad dal 4 tbsp
Tamarind tamarind seed size
Salt as required
Cooking oil 1 or 2 spoons
- Cut coriander leaves into small pieces, clean & spread on a dry cloth (if you don’t have time to spread , no worry)
- Heat oil in kadai, add urad dal and red chillies, fry golden.
- Squeeze out water from coriander leaves and add in kadai.
- Sauté for 3 to 4 times and switch off burner , leaving the kadai on burner, till the contents become warm.
- Grind the contents with tamarind and salt without adding water.
Transfer to a dry container and preserve in fridge. It stays long , since coconut is not added.