Source of learning: Mrs. Sandhya, my flat friend.
Cauliflower florets 7 or 8
Green peas ½ cup
Ginger garlic paste 1 spoon
Green chilly 1
Turmeric powder pinch
Chilly powder ½ spoon
Garam masala powder ½ spoon
Coriander powder ½ spoon
Salt as required
Cinnamon small piece
Bay leaf 1 (optional)
Curry leaf 1 strip
Coriander leaf as you wish
Cooking oil 3 tbsp
Coconut milk ½ cup
- Wash and chop all vegetables into fine pieces.
- Soak the cashews in water.
- Heat oil in a small cooker, add cloves, elachi, cinnamon stick and bay leaf when it is half hot.
- Fry for a minute and add onion & curry leaves.
- Fry till it becomes transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till raw smell goes off.
- Add tomatoes and sauté well.
- Add vegetables, (including green chilly and green peas)
- Mix well and add all powders including salt.
- Sauté well for 3 minutes, add required water, close the cooker and cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- When you are able to open the cooker, mix well and boil for a minute and keep burner in sim gas.
- Make a paste of cashews and add to boiling contents.
- Add coconut milk little by little stirring continuously and switch off after 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.