BANANA STEM MORKOOTU
Banana stem(vazhai thandu) 1 big piece
Curd 1 small cup
Salt as required
Coconut scrapped 1 cup
Jeera 1 spoon
Green chilly 3
Curry leaves 1 strip
Coconut oil 1 tbsp
Mustard for tempering
- Remove the outer covering of banana stem, cut into round pieces first, removing thread/fibre for every cut by rotating the finger and finally chop the round pieces into fine pieces(see pic) and put in dilute buttermilk to avoid discolouration.
- Cook with salt in cooker or open vessel.
- Wetgrind coconut, jeera and green chilly as a fine paste and transfer to cooked contents.
- Stir well, boil for 2 minutes and add curd and curry leaves when you are about to switch off.
- Switch off burner and temper with mustard in coconut oil.